Umgeni Water is a state-owned business enterprise that operates within the South African legislative parameters of the Water Services Act 108 of 1997, Public Finance Management Act 1 of 1999, and Public Audit Act 25 of 2004, amongst others.
Umgeni Water is establishing an Enterprise and Supplier Development Database to facilitate the constructive and meaningful participation by the designated groups in Local Economic Development. In this regard, Umgeni Water is calling for Black-owned EMEs and QSEs in its area operation to apply to be included in Umgeni Water Enterprise and Supplier Development Database.
Designated groups shall mean:
• EME or QSE owned by Black people
• EME or QSE owned by Black people who are youth
• EME or QSE owned by Black people who are women
• EME or QSE owned by Black people with disabilities
• EME or QSE owned by Black people living in rural areas, underdeveloped areas or townships
• EME or QSE owned by Black military veterans
• A Cooperative owned by Black people